In the course of human events it becomes necessary for one group to leave that of another, despite common characteristics. Because there are expectations from said groups it becomes comes a point of contention within the lives of the first group. Because of this, it is necessary to declare not to the other groups but to themselves that they have the right to exist beyond the expectations, hopes, dreams, beliefs of others; It becomes pertinent for said group to take a stand within themselves about what they will and won’t accept so that group may live out a fulfilling life of their own. While some may find these truths to be self-evident for others it is not. For this purpose it will be stated.
- Black women will not be required, forced, guilted, coerced, threatened or otherwise into supporting causes that are not their own. They will not be will not be forced guilted, coerced threatened or otherwise into spending money on people, entities, groups companies and that have given black women equal support or consideration
- Black women have the right to avoid separate, and distance themselves from people who mean to do them malicious harm whether knowingly or unknowingly.
Black women have the right to avoid people and distance themselves from people who have proven to take part or generate the degradation of themselves or their group.
- Black women have the right to protect themselves, guilt free and without remorse and without permission against violence , shame, and dysfunction that my harm themesleves or their children or future offspring by leaving communities and movements that participate in or protect/ promote the dangerous behaviors that will harm or influence black women unduly or otherwise.
- When certain groups and entities have proven even once that they will victimize antagonize, shame abuse, degrade take advantage of et al black women black women happiness or responsible for maintaining the privileged lifestyle of those who have gotten their privilege off the backs of black women.
- Black women are not required to waste resources of time, money, political support, likes, blog posts promotions, re blogs, tweets, et al to promote those who have proven to be enemies of black women and their well being.
- We also hold these truths to be self evident that black women’s minds, bodies, souls, spirits, and essence do not belong to anyone but themselves. We maintain that the “Whatever you are, I made you” mentality will not be used to guilt or shame black women to join a cause that does not directly or immediately benefit them.\
- Black women have the right to prosecute, shun, divorce, “unfriend”, “dislike” those who have proven to be a miniscule or minute risk to the physical healthy, happiness emotional/ mental health, or lifestyles or general well being of black women and their children.
- We believe in empowering each other as a group but understand the significance and importance of “skimming the chaff “of people who don’t support black women and these “inalienable” rights regardless of race/ gender or age. We submit to the idea that if you are not with us you are against us.
- We also know that we are kind beautiful women who are worthy of more than being used for faulty cause and faulty plans for movements that will never come back to benefit black women.
- We believe that we do not have to react to every incendiary cause and “white knight” for other people and their causes. We can protect ourselves but we are not responsible for protecting other people, especially those who have more privilege.
- We accept the necessity to stay neutral even in the most delicate matters to protect ourselves, our families and our future families. We believe that we will forgo faulty ideologies for common sense that will provide for a better lifestyle and general betterment of black women as WE so choose.
- We believe that we are not a collection of traits of other groups but a group of our own with our own, feelings thoughts, interest, ideas, hopes, dreams and causes.
- We believe that we will not explain these things to those who do not understand, care or feel concern or expect black women to mule for causes that will not benefit themselves.
- We do not appeal to anyone but ourselves to give ourselves the power or jurisdiction to do things or live a fulfilling lifestyle whether it goes against expectation or wishes of others. It is our right. It is the right of our daughters. No questions asked.
- We Accept these things as nature.
Signed on this day,
July 4th 2013
One Less Soldier
Note: I hate writing disclaimers but I’m sure that *some* people will take this post as an outward declaration or some way to prove a point to people who have proven themselves uninterested in the lives of black women. In actuality I wrote this long time and timely coming post because black women themselves seem to have a problem with separating and moving on when it is the most important to do so. For some black women it is a matter of having trouble declaring what they want and believe and going from there. That is where I come in to say. Though it shouldn’t have to be said.
I hope everyone has a great holiday and I’ll be back with another post most likely on Saturday or Sunday.
Until Next Time….
You may have noticed I was trying out a different theme/ layout and I’m changing the layout back to the original one. I simply can’t stand it.